Things to be thankful for on a rainy day in OKC:
- I love thunderstorms and so does Maeve. We have had a great morning of storm watching.
- Hilde is still sleeping. If it stays this dark, she may sleep until noon. She needs a good long sleep, she has been really tired lately.
- Rain means that I can turn off my sprinkler system for a few days and save a few pennies.
- It also means I don't have to worry so much about dry, cracked house foundations. One less anxiety for the day.
- It is only 70 degree outside right now. That is 30 degrees cooler than it will be tomorrow and 40 degrees cooler than Sunday was.
- Cooler temps mean my brain may still be functioning at 4pm, instead of being melted like it has been.
- My AC is getting a much deserved rest. It has been plugging away, almost constantly since Memorial Day.
- It is almost like having a snow day. We can't go anywhere, no one else it out but we don't have to shovel.
- I can hear the ranchers, construction workers, landscapers, and all the other outside workers sighing with relief.